CE Hours: 2.0
C. Wayne Jones, PhD
This course is an initial orientation to the ESFT clinical model for therapists providing intensive, in-home family treatment to children with SED and their families. The ESFT model is placed in historical context and an overview of the model is provided. Because systems theory is at the core of ESFT case conceptualization and practice, several webinars in this course are devoted to describing in detail the nature of a systemic mindset and what makes it distinctive from other clinical perspectives. Many of the basic concepts used in ESFT are introduced in order to help therapists become familiar with the language of the model.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what Eco-Systemic Family Therapy is.
- Define treatment mindsets and the reasons it is important for therapists to be aware of their mindset when providing treatment
- Describe the historical roots of ESFT
- Explain the nature of a systemic mindset
- Contrast a systemic mindset with four common non-systemic mindsets
- Describe what therapists working from a systemic mindset do in treatment sessions
This online distance learning course includes webinars, readings, links to other online resources on trauma, and post-tests to ensure comprehension of the material.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our Online Course Policies for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.