Steve Simms, Ph.D., LMFT, Pinky Mehta, LMFT, & Jennifer Benjamin, Ph.D., LPC
Philadelphia Child & Family Therapy Training Center
Jen Duen, MA & Tim Reppert, BS
Creative Family Health FB Program
1.0 Hours Credit (To be applied toward annual training hours in ESFT)
It is a natural temptation to wait out a crisis like the Covid-19 imposed global pandemic. As leaders, the FBMHS team cannot give into this instinct. They must stay the course. How does the FBMHS team lead? First, embrace the idea that Covid-19 has derailed the way we work for the foreseeable future. Next, know that the use of technology to facilitate mental health services including family therapy is supported by a growing research data base. Finally, focus on four practice-based rules of thumb for implementing TA-ESFT:
- Work through an ethical lens
- Commit to a family systems perspective
- Adhere to TA-ESFT via a checklist
- Use supervision and training to promote competence
Discussants elaborate on the four leadership principles and provide many useful clinical examples.
As a result of completing this training activity, participants will be able to:
- The viewer will describe the importance of adopting a leadership role in navigating the pandemic-imposed shift to TA-ESFT.
- The viewer will explain how the focus on four practice-based rules of thumb to help to implement TA-ESFT.
This online distance learning workshop includes videos, readings, and links to other online resources and to ensure comprehension of the material.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our Online Course Policies for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.