Part 1: Thursday, September 7th, 2017 at Alliance Behavioral Health Care, Durham, NC
8:30am to 3:30pm
Part 2: Tuesday, February 12, 2018 at Alliance Behavioral Health Care, Durham, NC
8:30am to 3:30pm
This workshop clarifies Trainer-Mentor roles and responsibilities with respect to supporting the implementation of ESFT. Aggregate data from Year 1 implementation of ESFT in NC Intensive In-Home programs is used to identify strengths and weaknesses in model implementation. Strategies are described for eliciting stories about what teams are actually doing in their sessions. The benefits of adopting videotaping for supervision is discussed, along with ideas for addressing potential barriers to filming sessions. The SupF, a fidelity measure based on the supervisors’ perspective is introduced and described. This is an interactive training which fosters dialogue between training faculty and Trainer-Mentors about model implementation challenges and how to address them.
As a result of participating in these clinicals, participants will be able to:
- Clarify the Trainer-Mentor’s role and responsibilities in supporting team implementation of ESFT with fidelity.
- Identify skill areas where teams need more support, supervision and training, based on 1st year fidelity reports and case consults.
- Describe supervision strategies for evoking stories about what therapists are actually doing in family sessions when videotapes are not available.
- Describe how to use the SupF in supervision to assess the extent to which teams are actually employing ESFT’s six core mechanisms of change in sessions.
- Demonstrate a family therapy session that meets fidelity standards
- Identify and address questions/challenges Trainer-Mentors have about the ESFT model and its implementation
Additionally, as a result of participating in Part 2 participants will:
- Describe the differences between ESFT supervisory roles and identify your most commonly held role
- Identify the stage of change and developmental level for each of your staff
- Determine 3 factors that interfere with staff learning and growth
- Identify 2 supervisory strategies to increase staff member’s motivation to learn
- See and Identify the ESFT mechanisms of change present in a family session example
- See and Identify which of the 4 ESFT Pillars present in a family session example
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FBMHS Policies & FAQs for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.