CE Hours: 6.5
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm 6.5 Hours (6.5 CE)
Dates and Location:
Thursday, 2/28/19 at Merakey, Colmar, PA
Thursday, 3/7/19 at Pennsylvania Counseling Center, Lebanon, PA
Friday, 4/5/19 at WellSpan Philhaven in Lancaster, PA
One of the unique features of Pennsylvania’s Family Based Mental Health Services program is that it is team delivered. Not only must the focus be maintained on individual therapists’ development within the team, but also on development of the team itself. This workshop identifies the principles of team supervisors, the most common team-based challenges, as well as supervisory strategies for addressing these challenges. Focus is given to goal setting in team based learning contracts and unique challenges related to maintaining a balanced supervisory alliance with each therapist in a co-therapy team. This training uses an experiential, interactional, case-based teaching format. Supervisors are encouraged to present challenges they encounter with teams and bring videotapes of supervision sessions. Discussions are then related back to the didactic information provided regarding the supervising teams.
As a result of participating in this CE activity, supervisors will be able to:
- Identify principles for supervising teams
- Demonstrate methods for developing team learning contracts and setting team goals
- Identify strategies for supporting a team in conflict with one another
- Support team skills in developing effective case conceptualization
- Recognize and assess team clinical skills in videotapes of family therapy sessions.
- Establish and maintain a positive, meaningful, and balanced relationship with both partners in co-therapy teams