Thursday, January 7th, 2021 (Norristown Site)
Friday, January 8th, 2021 (Philhaven & Central PA Sites)
PA FBMHS training supervisors via Zoom Web Conference Training
The COVID-19 pandemic and stay at home orders has halted most face-to-face in-home therapy for youth at risk of out-of-home placement and pushed clinical supervision to a virtual format. To date, clinical supervisors in Family Based Mental Health have accumulated ten months of experience with telehealth and tele-supervision. This interactive training affords an opportunity for supervisors to share and discuss challenges and complications they have faced in tele-supervision and share supervisory modifications they have discovered which keeps their supervisory relationships strong and effective. Although there is a paucity of published studies on tele-supervision, the interactive discussion is complemented by the sharing of principles from the available relevant literature. This training is practice-based in that supervisors present current supervisory dilemmas, showing videotape both of their supervisees delivering telehealth sessions and their tele-supervision of therapists.
As a result of attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Name three key ideas from available published articles on tele-supervision
- Identify common challenges and complications FBMHS supervisors encounter in tele-supervision
- Identify strategies for maintaining the supervisory alliance in tele-supervision
- Identify strategies for strengthening therapists’ morale and engagement in telehealth and tele-supervision.
- Recognize and assess clinical skills in videotapes of telehealth family therapy sessions
- Use strength-based strategies for inspiring therapists’ growth and development in tele-supervision
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FBMHS Policies & FAQs for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.