CE Hours: 6.0 – Cost: $125 –
Thursday, April 26, 2018, PA Counseling Services, Lebanon, PA
Friday, May 11, 2018, Philhaven Conference Center, Mt Gretna, PA
Thursday, September 20, 2018, Northwestern Human Services, Colmar PA
8:30am to 3:30pm
The families treated in intensive, in-home programs often live in ecosystems that are reactive and competitive. They are growth inhibiting as opposed to growth promoting. A collaborative, strength-based approach to working with the interface between the family and the community system can be an effective antidote. This workshop provides an in-depth look at what it means to collaborate, both at the level of the family as well as at the level of the larger community system (which includes natural and professional supports). Also addressed are common barriers to collaboration and how to address them. Reactive versus responsive ecosystems are described. The principals of integration and growth mindset are introduced as ways to think about activating change in the family’s ecosystem. The workshop uses a combination of lecture, small group discussion and videotape of family sessions.
As a result of attending this continuing education activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain what it means to collaborate as a member of a professional team.
- Describe the role of natural, community, and professional supports in scaffolding in-home change efforts.
- Identify the elements of a reactive ecosystem that inhibit collaboration.
- Describe the elements of a responsive ecosystem that promote collaboration.
- Explain how the principles of “integration” and “growth mindset” can be used to activate change in the child-family-professional system.
- Describe how to apply the six ESFT core mechanisms of change in developing effective natural and professional supports for the family.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FBMHS Policies & FAQs for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.