Wednesday, June 10th, 2020, North Carolina training groups, Zoom Web Conference Training
Thursday, June 11th, 2020, North Carolina training groups, Zoom Web Conference Training
Friday, June 12th, 2020, North Carolina training groups, Zoom Web Conference Training
One of the most critical tasks in any family therapy approach is convening the right members of the system for treatment and ensuring that they fully participate. When children are the identified patient, the therapeutic system must include caregivers. Fully engaging caregivers can be very challenging in community-based programs, such as intensive, in-home services. This workshop identifies the most common reasons that caregivers may be reluctant to participate in in-home treatment and identifies strategies for addressing them. These strategies are demonstrated in videos of initial family sessions and then discussing them.
As a result of attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the five phases of ESFT
- Identify strategies for “selling” caregivers on the importance of their participation and engagement in treatment
- Identify the most common reasons caregivers do not participate and engage in treatment
- Apply a motivational interviewing approach to addressing barriers to caregiver participation and engagement in treatment
- Explain strategies for “joining” with caregivers, and creating a therapeutic alliance
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FBMHS Policies & FAQs for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.