Thursday, 9/30/21, Norristown via Zoom
Friday, 10/1/21, Philhaven via Zoom
This workshop is designed to help therapists introduce and explain the ESFT treatment approach to families. Participants will learn key information to share with families about the ESFT model focusing on both the structure of treatment and the focus on relationships. During the workshop, participants will develop an “elevator pitch” that describes the model quickly and simply, as well as an “orienting script” that provides more information for the family about what to expect during treatment. The workshop discusses systemic thinking, language, and actions that are the cornerstones of ESFT intervention. The workshop reviews basic principles and practices that therapists should keep in mind when working in family homes. Throughout the workshop, participants will learn strategies to both prevent and respond to common challenges that occur during the orienting process.
As a result of participating in this workshop, therapists will be able to:
- List 6 core mechanisms of change;
- Develop an “elevator pitch” that simply describes the model;
- Discuss the basics of the ESFT treatment approach and practice orienting clients to ESFT approach to treatment using role play;
- Recognize differences between systemic and individualistic approaches;
- Describe strategies to prevent and respond to common challenges during the orientation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FBMHS Policies & FAQs for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.