CE Hours: 6.0
Norristown: Thursday, 11/21/19
PA Counseling Services: Thursday 12/19/19
Philhaven: Friday, 1/24/20
This workshop is designed to help therapists strengthen their skills is providing leadership and structure in family therapy sessions. This is key to successful outcomes in ESFT. Participants in this workshop will learn how structure and leadership helps to create a safe environment for therapy and growth. Strategies for increasing predictability and structure will be discussed, such as establishing routines in their approach to beginning and ending sessions. Methods are described and demonstrated for orienting family members to sessions in the beginning and then debriefing at the end of sessions. During the workshop, participants will have opportunities to reflect on their perceptions of leadership, their personal leadership style, and their personal challenges in the leadership role. Attention will be given to the use of co-therapy and its unique benefits and challenges related to leadership in family sessions.
As a result of participating in this workshop, therapists will be able to:
- Recognize content and process as it relates to facilitating treatment sessions
- Describe two ways that structure promotes a positive therapeutic environment
- Identify protocols for opening and closing therapy sessions
- Define three types of leadership and the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Identify personal leadership style
- List two strategies for co-leading family therapy session as team
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FBMHS Policies & FAQs for additional information regarding the CFBT online learning center, accommodations for disabilities, reporting problems with the course, instructions for viewing webinars, etc.